Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Beginning

We are excited to share our family news...
The Karki family is going down the faith journey to complete our family through adoption! When I repeat faith, adopting indeed requires faith.
We are in the home study process currently and have along way to go.
We have chosen to adopt our daughter from Ethiopia.
I cant imagine my life without my 3 children, I cant wait to have more love for number 4!
Wow, did we really say number 4? =)

Each and every one of us in our immediate family is excited! Adoption doesn't need to be your choice, but it indeed is one for ours. There are almost 5 million orphaned children in Ethiopia alone. We pray for your blessings and ask for your prayers as we continue our journey to find her and bring her HOME.

3 comments:

  1. I am so exited about all of this . I think it will be a blessing to have her and to let her into the karki family. -With all my love- Keegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, Allen and kids, I am so excited for you all, that is one of the most unselfish love one can give, so very proud of you, that little girl is so lucky that she will have you have you as parents siblings. God Bless You All on this new journey in your life, I will be praying for all of you, and that everything will go smoothly for you, you have sweet Katlyn helping guide the way. love you all.

    auntie Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are happy for your family to be taking
    This incredible journey. I believe a lot of people have thought of doing an adoption but the fear of taking the first step holds them back. By doing this and by posting your adoption journal in such a beautiful and confident way I am sure you will be an encouragement to others because as you stated, the need is great. God bless you in this
    Adoption and for opening up your family and your home
    and life to share the love and blessings God has given
    you with one less fortunate. She will be truly a lucky child.
    We will continue to follow your faith journey and keep you all in our prayers.
    Love Jeannette

    ReplyDelete