Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Moving Forward!



Its been sometime since our last update. Everyone asks; "whats happening with the adoption process?" Well indeed its a process and for us basically we've been at the paper chase stage. Honestly I really wonder how many sheets of paper we've done so far? Indeed atleast a small forest... but indeed all worth it! It takes 10 months biologically to have a child, try the legal process of international adoption! =)
We are getting more excited! Our Homestudy has been finalized; praise God! We just sent in our application (I-600) to Immigration and now we wait for a fingerprinting date (FBI level) and approval. In the meantime, I am gathering all the docs needs for our Dossier (more paper.) These docs all need to be notarized, state certified and then authenticated by Ethiopia. The good news- indeed I'm a "do-er" and theres never been a wait for us! Our homestudy guide has said to me " YOU"VE BEEN ON A MISSION." We are getting closer to officially being able to be on the "wait for referral" list! Praise God!
I have tried to imagine what her face will look like- what her age will be- what her history will be- what she's doing now. I cant wait for God to finally connect us as a whole family. We are waiting...
Those willing; please continue to pray for a positive and forward moving journey for ALL of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment