Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Four Candles

It's late, its been a big day. We headed down to the metro for my son Keegan's hockey tournament for the MN Selects. Thinking of the whole day... as my goalie son skated on the ice and as always needs to make eye contact with his mom, making sure I'm watching, we share a glimpse of love between us... even at the age of 11. He's got a huge heart!
My oldest son Chandler, sitting next to me. (Wow has time flew by.) Such a great kid, supporting his younger brother today, laughing with his "old and un-cool" parents and just  hanging out. He can still give me an "I love you too" in public; yes!
Avah is at grandma's house having fun in the sun and calls me with her daily accomplishments... she is just such a blessing! Just love her! She is a mirror of her "special auntie."

As everyone is now in bed, I arrange all the now State Certified documents of our Dossier that we will send off in the early a.m.; the reality is... in about 2 weeks we are officially "expecting" child  number 4! Are we ready for this? Well, I'm not sure? Allan and I never really "planned"for having #4?  I was the one when all my friends dreamed of their possible future last names from high school romances... I really dreamed of New York City! And now, here we are and Allan is unexpectedly now searching for Ethiopian restaurants near by! So cute!  Oh how life changes. But I really questioned and panicked at each and every pregnancy... why should this be any different?

I looked at pictures of my family, my recent whole family, with my parents and my sister Katlyn as we were two Christmas's ago. They've been up there on the kitchen white board since she passed this last winter, I haven't had the courage to really look at them, read and take a look at them until really now, tonight. Tonight... I wanted to call her and tell her she's "going to be an auntie soon again"... she was the BEST...  but no phone number was going to reach her. But I DO KNOW she is aware and she must be  helping... I truly believe. This last Christmas she gave and wrote me a message, its a message that would give me a gift every day from then 'til always and it said... " Carrie~ For my sister who I Love and Adore and to who I will Always Admire. Love your sister, Katlyn."   These are the TRUE gifts!

On that same white board, I found another piece of paper that was given to me and now tonight I read it, I needed it most tonight I guess...
 Thank you Katlyn for still responding when I needed to call you the most...


The Four Candles


The "Four" Candles burned slowly.
Their Ambiance was so soft you could hear them speak...

The first candle said, "I am PEACE, but these days, nobody wants to keep me lit."
Then PEACE'S flame slowly diminishes and goes out completely.

The second candle says, "I am FAITH, but these days, I am no longer indispensable." Then FAITHS flame slowly diminishes and goses out completely.

The third candle spoke, "I am LOVE and I haven't the strength to stay lit any longer. People put me aside and dont understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are nearest to them."

And waiting no longer, LOVE goes out completely.

Suddenly... A child enters the room and sees the three candles no longer burning, The child begins to cry, "Why are you not burning? You are supposed to stay lit until the end?"

Then the FOURTH candle spoke gently,
"Don't be afraid, for I AM HOPE, and while I still burn, we can re-light the other candles."

With shining eyes the child took the Candle of HOPE and lit the other three candles.

Never let the Flame of HOPE go out of your Life.
With Hope,  no matter how bad things look and are... PEACE, LOVE, FAITH and HOPE can shine brightly in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment